miércoles, 11 de diciembre de 2013

I Can Tell It

I Can Tell It!

I am proud to talk you about this marvelous inititive.

The Bilingual students of Cardenal Cisneros lived a fantastic experience, working with kids.
The idea was to divide the bilingual members into different groups.
This groups were in charged of representing different tales from the Disney stories.
We represented tales as The Lion King, Aladdin, Herculesnor Cindirella.

I am going to introduce you what we did in this I Can Tell It Show.
My group was in charged of working with the Alice in Wonderland story. For this we dressed up as the different characters you can find there, such as the mad hatterer, Alice, the white rabbit and the Queen of hearts.
The children realised different activities with us while they explored this tale.
The activities we prepared for them were one mind game, making it easier to understand the tale, a copetition between them in wich they had to paint some roses in red as fast as they could to make them work in groups, a story introduction with the white rabbit and a chair game with the mad hatterer.
I was the mad hatterer and, as we had some difficulties with the media support, I had to sing the song by myself instesd of playing it in the computer.
At the begining I felt shy and a bit ridiculous but when I saw the children singing with me it was a grest experience and I had no fear of making them having fun while they runed around the chairs, waiting for me to stop singing and look for a chair to sit down very quickly.
We gave them even our hats as a present and I had to admit I really felt grest while working with this children. It is enthusiastic and inspiring to see them having fun with what we prepared for them.

I will never forget this experience as it has been one of the best I've lived during this teacher formation period.
 Here you can see some pictures I took that day.








2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Javi!

    First of all, I love your post because you have included the photos! Hercules was occupied with his group!

    I had read your post and I think that our experiences were different. In my case, I was the main character of my group: Hercules. By this reason, I had to guide a group of students by the different proofs. I think that my experience was fantastic because I could to interact with the pupils and I felt as a teacher

    Relate to the activity, I could see the different groups with the pupils and by this reason, I could to compare between them. In my opinion, your group only had a problem: The noise. Obviously, it wasn’t your problem because you group shared the class with other group.

    By other hand, I want to focus on your character: the mad hatterer. I think that you were involved in your role and you did the class more funny. I understand that your role was difficult because you had to sing with the children so I think that you were a good teacher.

    Finally, I want to share that my students were enthusiastic in your activity and I think that all of you did a good job!

    In my opinion, a teacher should be dynamic and funny and you were an important part in your group. Congratulations!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Javi, it is great to know that you enjoyed the workshop activity. I guess children will never forget your character. The school teacher told me that they keep the hats as a treasure. It is also important to see that you need to acquire some skills and knowledge to apply what you are learning into real contexts. I know you can do it, if you want to. Please keep on working on your spelling ;-).

    ResponderEliminar